What is a Class Action?
Class action lawsuits are a powerful tool for consumers to hold banks, mortgage services, and companies accountable for their actions. Class actions help discourage wrongful conduct and compensate injured consumers. Where a violation by a bank, mortgage servicer, or other company may be too small for a consumer to pursue individually, a class of similarly situated consumers can band together to pursue their common interests. Class actions are also important to change a systematic and unlawful practices that violate the law.
Right now, we have class actions pending in the following areas:
Credit Reporting Mistakes
- Do you have information in your credit file that the credit bureaus failed to update, such as a paid or vacated public record, a loan paid in a short sale or an account discharged in bankruptcy?
Background Check Errors
- Is there a criminal record or information on your employment or tenant screening report that does not belong to you?
Predatory Loans that Violate State and Federal Law
- Are you being charged excessively high interest where you cannot afford to pay back a loan? Is your lender telling you that your state’s law does not apply?
Mortgage Servicing Abuses
- Are you being charged excessive fees and costs, such as force-placed insurance, inspection fees or title charges?
If you think your situation is impacting others in the same way it is impacting you, we may be able to assist you and others in a class action lawsuit. Our attorneys have been certified to serve as class counsel in many cases, including the following:
- Tsvetovat, v. Segan, Mason, & Mason, PC, Case No. 1:12-cv-510 (E.D. Va.)
- Conley v. First Tennessee Bank, Case No. 1:10-cv-1247 (E.D. Va.)
- Dreher v. Experian Information Solutions, Inc., Case No. 3:11-cv-624 (E.D. Va.)
- Shami v. Middle East Broadcast Network, Case No. 1:13-cv-467 (E.D. Va.)
- Goodrow v. Friedman & MacFadyen, Case No. 3:11-cv-20 (E.D.Va.)
- Kelly v. Nationstar, Case No. 3:13-cv-311 (E.D. Va.);
- Thomas v. Wittstadt, Case No. 3:12-cv-450 (E.D. Va.)
- Fariasantos v. Rosenberg & Associates, LLC, No. 3:13-cv-543 (E.D. Va.)
- Morgan v. McCabe Weisberg & Conway, LLC, Case No. 3:14-cv-695 (E.D. Va.)
- Burke v. Shapiro, Brown & Alt, LLP, Case No. 3:14-cv-838 (E.D. Va.)
- Bartlow, et al., v Medical Facilities of America, Inc., Case No. 3:16-cv-573 (E.D. Va.)
- Blocker v. Marshalls of MA, Inc., Case No. 1:14-cv-1940 (D.D.C.)
- Ceccone v. Equifax Info. Servs., LLC, Case No. 1:13-cv-1314 (D.D.C.)
- Jenkins v. Equifax Info. Servs., LLC, Case No. 1:15-cv-443 (E.D. Va.)
- Ridenour v. Multi-Color Corporation, Case No. 2:15-cv-00041 (E.D. Va.)
- Hayes, et al. v. Delbert Services Corp., Case No. 3:14-cv-258 (E.D. Va.)
- Campos-Carranza, et al. v. Credit Plus, Inc., Case No. 1:16-cv-120 (E.D. Va.)
- Jenkins v. Realpage, Inc., 2:15-cv-1520 (E.D. Pa.)
- Kelly v. First Advantage Background Services, Corp., 3:15-cv-5813 (D.N.J.)
- Burke v. Seterus, Inc., 3:16-cv-785 (E.D. Va.)
- Williams v. Corelogic Rental Property Solutions, LLC, Case No. 8:16-cv-58 (D. Md.)
- Clark v. Trans Union, LLC, Case No. 3:15-cv-391 (E.D. Va.)